Sunday, May 7, 2023

My very first Postcrossing meet up in Syracuse New York

Every time I received a signed Postcrossing meet-up, it makes me feel envious. I told myself that one day, I will sign postcards and meet Postcrossers like me in person. I can't believe that finally I got the chance to attend a Postcrossing meet-up and sign postcards. It feels like I am only dreaming.


I am thankful to S for hosting the meet-up and to B  for the ride. I was scheduled to work and ask my co-worker if we could change. I am so thankful that she agreed to switch with me. I work for her Friday and she worked for me Saturday that way I can attend the postcrossing meet-up.


B suggested that we will meet up in the middle of the Park and Ride in the Town Of Leroy. It is an hour or so from where I live. From then, we can drive to Syracuse for another hour and a half. My husband dropped me off and was hesitant that I ride with a stranger. I chatted with B and exchange postcards but we haven't met in person yet. My husband met B first and he was confident that B is safe. It was a fun ride to Syracuse with B. She is a fast driver. We arrived early in Syracuse. 


The meet-up is in the Community Center from 11 in the morning to three in the afternoon. S, the host is welcoming and friendly. I also met S's partner and the artist of the Postcrossing meet-up postcard. The food is so delicious from subs, cookies, and chips. They were also different kinds of drinks. 


I had an amazing time chatting with fellow postcrossers. It felt so wonderful talking to them about our love for postcards and shared experiences of how we started being a postcrosser. We signed postcards. I never signed so many postcards before. It was so much fun. It was my first time attending a Postcrossing meet-up and I can't wait for my next one. 





How about you? Have you attended a Postcrossing meet-up before? What were your expectations? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

My recent person chain card postcard came home

I joined many chain cards before and this person's chain card is no different. It always brings excitement every time my chain card came...